[zeromq-dev] Need for Late join and End of source detection

Rohan Bedarkar r_bedarkar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 23:44:25 CEST 2012

HI Pieter,

Thanks for your reply!

XPUB \ XSUB looks good for me. I can certainly use an XPUB to detect a new incoming subscription. Quick question though... Must XPUB\XSUB be used at intermediate layer? Can final endpoints be XPUB\XSUB? I don't want to add a proxy layer in the middle.

Also not sure how the XSUB will detect if the XPUB on the other went down? (I am assuming here that XPUB \ XSUB can be used as endpoints).

Some sample code will definitely be helpful.. I already look at tests/test_sub_forward.cpp

--

Rohan Bedarkar
MS, Computer Science

University of Chicago