[zeromq-dev] Question about router-dealer sockets

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:38:15 CET 2012

Il 30/11/2012 00:36, Michel Pelletier ha scritto:

> Yes.  0mq pushes messages as far to the receiver as possible as soon as
> possible.  Linger only effects messages that have not yet been
> transmitted from the senders queue.  If your message got sent to the
> router and it's in the routers queue, then the router will receive it,
> regardless of the state of the sender at that point.

What is the purpose of this behavior?
I can't imagine such an application where I want to either transmit or
receive something if *both* ends aren't running.

I have to do several workarounds in my code to get all the stuff to work.

Of course, if the zmq's guys decided to do this there is good reason.
But I can't see which one.

Marco