[zeromq-dev] libzmq/3.2.2 stable released

Feng Shuo steve.shuo.feng at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:06:03 CET 2012

Pieter,

I updated the wiki of RHEL/CentOS and SUSE/openSUSE distribution for the
new release.

   - http://www.zeromq.org/distro:suse
   - http://www.zeromq.org/distro:CentOS

They are all build by openSUSE build service (I updated them also):

   - 3.3.2:
   https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Afengshuo%3Azeromq
   - 2.2.0:
   https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Afengshuo%3Abranches%3Azeromq-2.x-stable

Actually Fedora and Mandriva builds are also in the project but I didn't
put it into wiki. If anyone in the list want more platform support, just
let me know. :-)

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, it's taken quite a while but I'm happy to be able to announce
> that we have a stable release for libzmq/3.x.
>
> This release addresses a bunch of issues in the last release candidate
> (see below) and is available from the usual place:
> http://www.zeromq.org/intro:get-the-software.
>
> This release is backwards compatible with 2.1 and 2.2 stable releases.
> It is _not_ yet compatible with 3.1 beta, but we will aim for 3.1
> interoperability in 3.2.3 onwards.
>
> Thanks to all who contributed to this stable release.
>
> -Pieter
>

> Issues addressed in this release
> --------------------------------
>
> * LIBZMQ-384 No meta data for ZMQ_EVENT_DISCONNECTED monitor event
> * LIBZMQ-414 Error in ARM/Thumb2 assembly (atomic_ptr.hpp)
> * LIBZMQ-417 zmq_assert (!incomplete_in) in session_base.cpp 228
> * LIBZMQ-447 socket_base_t::recv() packet loss and memory leak at high
> receiving rate
> * LIBZMQ-448 Builds fail on older versions of GCC
> * LIBZMQ-449 Builds fail on AIX
> * LIBZMQ-450 lt-test_monitor: fails with assertion at test_monitor.cpp:81
> * LIBZMQ-451 ZMQ_ROUTER_MANDATORY blocks forever
> * LIBZMQ-452 test_connect_delay.cpp:175:12: error: 'sleep' was not
> declared in this scope
> * LIBZMQ-456 ZMQ_XPUB_VERBOSE does not propagate in a tree of XPUB/XSUB
> devices
> * LIBZMQ-458 lt-test_router_mandatory fails with assertion at
> test_router_mandatory.cpp:53
> * LIBZMQ-459 Assertion failed: encoder (stream_engine.cpp:266
> * LIBZMQ-464 PUB socket with HWM set leaks memory
> * LIBZMQ-465 PUB/SUB results in 80-90% of CPU load
> * LIBZMQ-468 ZMQ_XPUB_VERBOSE & unsubscribe
> * LIBZMQ-472 Segfault in zmq_poll in REQ to ROUTER dialog

Feng Shuo
Tel: (86)10-59851155-2116
Fax: (86)10-59851155-2008
Tianjin Zhongke Blue Whale Information Technologies Co., Ltd
10th Floor, Tower A, The GATE building, No. 19 Zhong-guan-cun Avenue
Haidian District, Beijing, China
Postcode 100080