[zeromq-dev] Question about router-dealer sockets

Stathis Gkotsis stathis.gkotsis at commsquare.com
Fri Nov 30 00:34:00 CET 2012

Hi,

I am using zmq 3.2.2. In my application I use a dealer socket for the client and a router socket for the server. I send some messages from the dealer socket, which are not yet received by the router socket with zmq_recv(). Then, I close the dealer socket, open it again but I see that some of the previous messages are still received by subsequent calls to zmq_recv() on the other end. Linger is set to 0. Is this behaviour normal? Should I look for bugs in my app code or in the bindings' code?

Thanks,
Stathis