[zeromq-dev] inproc: passing an object pointer between threads causing datarace?? (3.2.2 stable release)

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Thu Nov 29 19:43:13 CET 2012

Just a quick comment; I am not sure if you are having a problem or not:

for (...) {
  int *n = new int;
  *n = 4;
  *n += 2;
  zmq_socket.send(&n, sizeof(n));
}

Variable "&n" is of type "int**". Are you sure that's what you want to do? Perhaps you mean:

  zmq_socket.send(n, sizeof(*n)); // or even sizeof(int)

That is, send an int (allocated on the heap) over the socket.

Seeing as I am jumping into this without much context, please feel free to ignore me.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm
DCV Chile

penalties set forth by Chilean law.