[zeromq-dev] Socket identities with subscription messages

Stefan Radomski radomski at tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Nov 28 18:52:10 CET 2012

On Nov 28, 2012, at 3:28 PM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> Have you looked at the Zyre framework from Chapter 8 of the Guide? It
> solves this problem (distributed pub/sub middleware), pretty much.
>
> Very similar: nodes use UUIDs. However we don't use PUB/SUB because
> that's inherently unreliable. We use ROUTER/DEALER and a simple group
> management protocol for tracking the multicast flow.
>
> Project is at http://zyre.org.

The ultimate goal is remarkably similar to the core component of umundo. We hide everything behind a pimpl facade which gets wrapped via SWIG for C# and Java, I might consider replacing my implementation beneath the facade with zyre once it matures some more. We already have object serialization and RPC on top via protobuf.

Thank you for the link!
  Stefan