[zeromq-dev] CreateEvent leaks

Felipe Farinon felipe.farinon at powersyslab.com
Wed Nov 28 14:17:01 CET 2012

Hey all,

I'm using version 3.2.2 of ZeroMQ on a Windows 7. I noticed that my
application is leaking Windows Event handlers when I create and destroy
many sockets of type ZMQ_PAIR. The stack trace of the allocation of the
leaked handles has shown that they are leaked by the method
zmq::signaler_t::make_fdpair line 252, in the CreateEvent function. I
noticed that this CreateEvent isn't closed with CloseHandle by anyone.
Is this the correct behavior? Are those event leaks expected?

Thank you,
Felipe Farinon.