[zeromq-dev] local IPC

Martin Hua M.Hua at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 09:40:04 CET 2012

Hello everybody,

for my Bachelor thesis I need a synchronous communication for my programm.

To see how the local IPC communication under zeroMQ operates, I have used the function zmq_send() and zmq_recv() after the generation of the socket with ZMQ_REQ and ZMQ_REP.

After the implementation, I have seen that the communication operates asynchronous.

So my question is, whether zeroMQ supports synchronous communication.
I thought that the request-reply Pattern is synchronous.

I thank you for your answers in advance.

Best regards,