[zeromq-dev] number of sockets for inproc

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Nov 22 04:14:22 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Evgeny Turnaev <turnaev.e at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if i misunderstood something? but I don't see any inproc usage
> in source of original letter.

Indeed :-) The name of the example was 'inproc.cpp' and I didn't even
see the tcp:// in the source.

>    Pieter, what number of fd used for 1 inproc socket? Could You
> please explain where inproc socket is used in Ilja Golshtein letter or
> point me to docs about this. Thank You.

This is not defined in any docs as far as I'm aware. It's the internal
implementation of pipes that changed after 2.0.

Also I've no idea how you could create 10 TCP connections in 2.0 and
use a single socket...