[zeromq-dev] Multiple ventilators <=> Multiple workers

Gregory Sainson gregory.sainson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:36:15 CET 2012

Hi,

I exactly want to do a divide and conquer approach and implement this
example: http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all#toc13
The only difference is that I have multiple ventilators but fewer than
workers and I don't care about the sink.
I also want to be able to easily add ventilators and workers to my topology.

I just want to loadbalance tasks between multiple workers. Those taks
coming from multiple ventilators.

I want my ventilator to fire and forget. I don't want to use REQ/REP
because I don't need a REP!
And as I understood, I can't user the broker/dealer stuff with PUSH/PULL.

I imagine I could have a topology like:
- Multiple SUB being my ventilators: They generate the tasks
- One PUB / PUSH : I receives all the tasks and push them to the workers.
This centralize everything
- Multiple PULL aka workers
But I would have the problem of loadbalancing because PUSH/PULL doesn't
handle this well, and syncing them is just impossible.
*"The ventilator's PUSH socket distributes tasks to workers (assuming they
are all connected before the batch starts going out) evenly. This is called
load-balancing and it's something we'll look at again in more detail."*

Or just use the loadbalancing example for my problem :
http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all#toc65
But the fact that I don't need any Reply makes it a little useless..

Thx for your help.