[zeromq-dev] ROUTER/PULL

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Nov 13 23:28:47 CET 2012

There are reasons to not mix ROUTER and PULL, mainly that they are
from different patterns, so if we decide to improve PUSH/PULL as a
package, we would be unable, if people were mixing them with other
patterns.

As an example, see how we improved PUB/SUB to do pub-side filtering.

DEALER does just the same as PUSH + PULL, so ROUTER/DEALER gives you
what you want, and is better too, since you can do things like send
heartbeats in both directions.

-Pieter