[zeromq-dev] ROUTER/PULL

Chuck Remes lists at chuckremes.com
Tue Nov 13 19:32:33 CET 2012

No, do not do this. If it works at all right now, it will break in a future library release when the wire protocol enforces peer socket type checking. ROUTER -> ROUTER is fine as is ROUTER -> DEALER.

Alternately, do PUB -> SUB. As of libzmq 3.2, the publisher filters out the outgoing messages so only those SUBs that have subscribed to the message will receive it. This will require you to add a subscription string as the first message part for all outgoing messages so the socket can filter it.

Please read the guide if this doesn't make sense to you yet. There are lots of great examples with code.

cr