[zeromq-dev] Linux.fr Article - User feedback on ZMQ (for french readers only)

LECLERCQ Nicolas nicolas.leclercq at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Tue Nov 13 18:46:09 CET 2012

Hi Pieter,
To summarize, the guy reports a bad experience he had with zmq 3.2.0-rc1 : recommended version was a RC,  he complains about the fact that code contained some assertion statements, he had to fix UGLY bugs himself (see code examples in the post), ...
This article clearly gives the reader the impression that zmq is the worse piece of code ever written. Really scary! There is certainly a misunderstanding somewhere.
I recently took some time to read your ZMQ guide and some of your website pages. It's clear that the "longer answer" you give in the "long-term planning" page <conflicts> with the reported experience. Reading the Linux.fr article, it seems that C4 is clearly not applied!  That's why I would like someone from the ZMQ community to moderate the post or  - at least - offer the readers another point of view. I can't believe that ZMQ is as bad as described in this article.
Nicolas.