[zeromq-dev] Recovery of a Subscription after a PubSub system rebooted

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Nov 11 16:31:08 CET 2012

On 11/11/12 07:39, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
> The subscriber should reconnect no matter what the problem is at the
> publisher side. But perhaps the publisher is changing IP address and
> you're somehow passing its IP address in order to do the original
> connect?

No, the publisher is at a static (public) IP adress, none of the
subscribers either on ZeroMQ2 nor ZeroMQ3 were succesful reconnected
after reboot. One subscriber even reported: "I see it is still waiting
for data." While at our side netstat reported no incomming connections
at all.

It is probably good to mention that the system is firewalled, and the
specific incomming connections are explicitly allowed to connected by
their external IP.

Stefan