[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ + InetD = Why can't we all just get along.

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sun Nov 11 07:37:36 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Shane Spencer <shane at bogomip.com> wrote:

> It is as critical as life itself :)  Or simply as critical as you want
> it to be.  For now just parsing JSON over STDIN works well enough.

Well, I can't even get a minimal case working :-) Here's my test code,
maybe you can spot what I'm doing wrong.
https://gist.github.com/4053950

This is talking to a REQ socket at the other side, the hwclient example

Inetd seems cranky... it's disconnecting the external socket
repeatedly, and doing other stuff that makes me doubt this can work
sensibly at all.

Anyhow, the idea (if we can get inetd to behave) is to parse stdin as
a ZMTP/2.0 stream and feed that over inproc to the thread that would
normally receive messages over tcp://.