[zeromq-dev] Re: re: puzzled with zmq_socket bind and connect

charleszhangjie at qq.com
Fri Nov 9 03:27:16 CET 2012

sorry, I made a mistake. "the net interface eth0 has two ip 1.2.3.4 and 5.6.7.8"

actually eth0 is  1.2.3.4  while  eth0:1 is 5.6.7.8 according to what ifconfig tool shows
 when I set a REQ (not REP) zmq_socket bind to eth0 or eth0:1, it seems not work as expected, the message is always sent from 5.6.7.8 to the destination. Even I use specific IP address to bind rather than interface name, the result does not change.
can we  use zmq to control the source IP address on a connection to force the traffic ?