[zeromq-dev] re: puzzled with zmq_socket bind and connect

charleszhangjie at qq.com
Thu Nov 8 18:21:06 CET 2012

I do some expirement:
 the net interface eth0 has two ip 1.2.3.4 and 5.6.7.8

 set a REQ zmq_socket : bind(tcp://1.2.3.4:1778) and then connet to (tcp://2.3.4.5:1777)
 then run the program, it sends message to the destination (tcp://2.3.4.5:1777) successfully,
 when I use tcpdump tool to trace the message, I find the traffic is still 5.6.7.8 -> 2.3.4.5
 It seems that the bind operation does not work because the program also works if I do not bind a specific address and the traffic does not change.
 If I want to the traffic change to 1.2.3.4 -> 2.3.4.5, and I don't like to modify the system route configuration, how to do it?