[zeromq-dev] re: puzzled with zmq_socket bind and connect

Stephen Lord Steve.Lord at quantum.com
Thu Nov 8 13:55:41 CET 2012

I don't think he means that type of bind, I think this is about controlling the source IP address on a connection to force the traffic over a specific NIC. A zeromq bind is not the same thing as binding a source socket to a particular local IP address. I suspect this would take a socket option which could only be used before connect to implement it. For a host where the NICs are on different subnets this would could lead to cases where you cannot make a connection, but for the case where you have multiple NICs on the same subnet and are not using NIC bonding it could be useful for separating traffic.

Steve