[zeromq-dev] pyzmq on gentoo gives ImportError, undefined symbol: zmq_sendmsg

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 04:04:08 CET 2012

The most likely explanation I can think of is that when you built pyzmq, it
found libzmq-2.x headers, but when you run it, it's actually loading
libzmq-3.x library.  Do you perhaps have multiple libzmq installs, or did
you recently upgrade libzmq?

What does the build step of pyzmq report about the version of libzmq it
finds?

-MnRK