[zeromq-dev] behavior of client with blocking

Arun Dobriyal arundobriyaliitkgp at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:09:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have a question regarding the working of the asynchronous queues..
Lets say I have a client which is using the PUSH socket,
and I have a server which is using the PULL socket of the zmq, assuming
that initially the message queue of the server is full (somehow).

Considering this as the situation, if  the client sends a message to this
server, assuming that the code is written such that after sending message
using zmq_sendm,  the socket would be closed,
now since we sent a message to the server whose queue is already full...
what would happen ??

according to the documentation if no flag is set, this client socket would
block, now does that mean, that the code would block at the line where i am
calling zmq_send ?

If yes, can this behavior be changed by ZMQ_NOBLOCK flag for the PUSH
socket..

Thanks
Arun