[zeromq-dev] several binds on the same ipc

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:38:42 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Tarek Ziadé <tarek at ziade.org> wrote:

> > If this is indeed the behavior, it sounds like a bug. The code should
> > maybe check first off that the IPC endpoint isn't already used. Or
> > perhaps there's an error that's not being checked.
>
> So here's the C demo Benjamin wrote to demo this:
>
> http://tarek.pastebin.mozilla.org/1649255
>
> Please let us know if that looks correct (this program behaves as I
> described)

In 2.2 I'm seeing the last bind win (at least within the same process),
which kind of makes sense as there is some code that just blows away the
IPC file if it already exists, which I believe is mainly there to allow
handling previous runs that did not exit properly and clean up after
themselves.

Ian