[zeromq-dev] Hello World

Brian Duffy brduffy at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:59:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to network programming and zeromq and I am trying to get the
hwserver and hwclient example working. Everything compiles fine and I can
see the server running on my linux box (fedora 15 hosted at vpslink). I am
running it as a background process. The client is run from my local fedora
16 at work. The client gives the message ...

Sending Hello 0…

and then hangs (blocking on ..  zmq_recv (requester, &reply, 0);).

In the server code I left the bind command as .. zmq_bind (responder,
"tcp://*:5555");

In the client I changed the connect command to point to the ip address of
my server .. zmq_connect (requester, "tcp://<my_servers_ip>:5555");

I am using the C example code. The above changes were the only ones that I
made. Any clues as to why I can not establish a connection?

thanks

Brian Duffy
--
Duff