[zeromq-dev] BSON as high performance serialisation

Wolfgang Richter wolf at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Mar 31 23:01:34 CEST 2012

The only issue with BSON is that it's not entirely generic---the spec
has types that are specific to MongoDB (like DBPointer, stuff to ship
JavaScript code with context, etc.).

This comes from my experience implementing BSON in C.  And, yes, I'd
believe it could be fast (maybe not with string-based keys though?).

I feel like the specification could be lighter, a "light BSON" would
be ideal for a lot of applications I think.

In fact, a "light BSON" paired with 0MQ is basically what I'm
currently working on in a project :-)

--
Wolf

PS If anyone would like my C BSON implementation, I've been thinking
about releasing it under the MIT License, feel free to ask me.