[zeromq-dev] Duplicate identities - #325

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 00:09:52 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> My fix is to allow this (and not assert!) so that the second client's
> identity request will be ignored. This means a well-behaving client
> and server can't be disturbed by an incorrect or hostile client.

Great, thanks, I was getting no where with this trying to work out why the
race was occurring, so I like this solution. My one question would be
around disconnect/reconnect - if we lose connection and reestablish are we
going to trigger this situation? I am still mostly against use of manual
identities though so I am only in a limited way concerned about this :)

Ian