[zeromq-dev] More on ZDCF

Paul Colomiets paul at colomiets.name
Fri Mar 23 23:07:09 CET 2012

Hi Steffen,

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Steffen Mueller
<mail at steffen-mueller.net> wrote:
> Again, I'd appreciate review before I run with it in my Perl implementation.

Is there any good reason to specify both, socket types and device type?
I'd say device type is redundant. The point is even more stronger as
device type names are misleading. I'd say they should be
"request-reply", "publish-subscribe", "push-pull" if needed at all.

Is there any good reason to specify "xrep" vs "rep" socket types?
I think it's implementation defined of whether it supports request
multiplexing or other specific features of "x" kind of socket.

--
Paul