[zeromq-dev] Check if forwarder is running

Ronald Swain proj_symbian at live.com
Tue Mar 20 18:13:17 CET 2012

Hello Cornelius ,

Thanks again and it will work for sure.

Next and probably last question is why my sockets are not cleaned up in the forwarder, i try something like https://gist.github.com/2132163 but the handler is never fired.

just to inform you i kill the python interpreter to close the forwarder.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:09:04 -0500
From: cornelius.toole at gmail.com
To: zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Check if forwarder is running

                Ronald,
Do i need to close forwarder again and than start after each message sent by the publisher, or can i do something like i can start the forwarder first and next publisher check if the forwarder is running than just leverage the forwarder to send some messages to the subscriber.
                No you just leave the forwarder running. That's the magic of using a forwarder with pub-sub sockets. But you should probably change how the forwarder device is configured. The way I use the forwarder is to have it bind both the incoming and outgoing sockets and then have the producers and consumers connect to the forwarder; that way once the forwarder is running, producer and consumer processes can start and stop without crashing the other.See: https://gist.github.com/2136666#comments

--
Cornelius Toole
Sent with Sparrow