[zeromq-dev] Check if forwarder is running

Cornelius Toole cornelius.toole at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:09:04 CET 2012

Ronald,

> Do i need to close forwarder again and than start after each message sent by the publisher, or can i do something like i can start the forwarder first and next publisher check if the forwarder is running than just leverage the forwarder to send some messages to the subscriber.
No you just leave the forwarder running. That's the magic of using a forwarder with pub-sub sockets. But you should probably change how the forwarder device is configured. The way I use the forwarder is to have it bind both the incoming and outgoing sockets and then have the producers and consumers connect to the forwarder; that way once the forwarder is running, producer and consumer processes can start and stop without crashing the other.
See: https://gist.github.com/2136666#comments

--
Cornelius Toole
Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com)