[zeromq-dev] Proposal for next stable release

john skaller skaller at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 19 06:12:18 CET 2012

On 19/03/2012, at 11:15 AM, Pieter Hintjens wrote:

> It's not about restriction but simply about the ability to remix a
> fork (e.g. it's only thanks to the LGPL that a fork like xs is not
> really toxic but rather an interesting experiment).

I do not understand this. Perhaps you can explain.

You can mix in my FFAU code to your code base.
I cannot mix your LGPL code into mine.

Anyhow, my point is that legal and technical environments change
and a "constitution" which does not make provision for that is
a recipe for suicide.

http://opensource.org/licenses/lgpl-license

You got here because you followed a link to a license with newer versions:
	• GNU Library or "Lesser" General Public License, version 2.1 (LGPLv2.1)
	• GNU Library or "Lesser" General Public License, version 3.0 (LGPLv3)
If you are using the old license you may wish to relicense using the new license.

Please note that word "RELICENSE".

--
john skaller
skaller at users.sourceforge.net