[zeromq-dev] Proposal for next stable release

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Mar 16 22:20:46 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<shemminger at vyatta.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose a new model for stable release
> based on the successful model of the Linux kernel stable
> tree maintained by Greg Kroah Hartmann. I am new at zeromq but would
> be willing to get this started as maintainer.  But understand this is a
> process which means any patch that follows the rules gets accepted, I am
> not going to micro-manage the patches, if it meets the criteria it will get
> in. The review has to come from the community.

This was exactly our goal with the current contribution policy. Review
from the community, maintainers apply process.

There's very little difference between what you propose and what we
have here: http://www.zeromq.org/docs:contributing

I'd suggest you review that page, make any changes you want, discuss
those changes, and then let's get started on making 3.1 stable.

And welcome BTW!