[zeromq-dev] zeromq + pyzmq + virtualenv?

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:56:46 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 14:37, Sean Ochoa <sean.m.ochoa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all.   I've got a python package that I include a virtual environment
> (using virtualenv) with it to help manage dependencies to install on
> internal servers.  I'm wondering if its possible to distribute libzmq with
> it (without having to install libzmq globally on the host machine)?

Starting with a clean virtualenv, to install current libzmq+pyzmq into the env:

# wget == curl -O -L

version=2.1.11

wget http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-$version.tar.gz
tar -xzf zeromq-$version.tar.gz
cd zeromq-$version
./configure --prefix=$VIRTUAL_ENV
make
make install

pip install pyzmq --install-option="--zmq=$VIRTUAL_ENV"

-MinRK