[zeromq-dev] Using 0mq in a Web application

David Mitchell jdavidmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:35:46 CET 2012

I was able to get tcp to work (apache 2.0 with mod_php) .  However,
ipc did not work using apache 2.0 with mod_php.  I also had some
problems with SELinux (with CentOS), but without SELinux in enforcing
mode, tcp worked for me.

I am trying to implement a "Divide and Conquer" strategy (http://
zguide.zeromq.org/php:all#header-10).  I have a bunch of JSON objects
that I would like workers to process.  I would like to pass the JSON
from the Web application to the workers.  I am not really sure how to
do this, but in my current attempt, I set up a controller (or a
ventilator) to create all of the sockets that I need.

Controller (or a ventilator)
http://pastebin.com/dhDexuhH

Worker
http://pastebin.com/BVtC1Uz9

At the moment, I am not getting any events to any of the workers.

Thank you for your help.

David