[zeromq-dev] Using 0mq in a Web application

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:30:27 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM, David Mitchell <jdavidmitchell at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is is possible when running a PHP script under mod_php or CGI and an
> Apache Web server to bind or connect to a TCP or IPC socket?  I can
> bind and connect when using the PHP CLI, but the connection just hangs
> when making a send or recv call from within a Web application.

Absolutely, but you need something to be running on the other side to
receive the message. For that kind of situation you'd have a queue server
bind() and recv() messages in a loop, and the web workers connect(),
send(), their message and quite. I would definitely recommend reading the
guide ( http://zero.mq/zg ) before diving in though.

Ian