[zeromq-dev] Using 0mq in a Web application

David Mitchell jdavidmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 03:41:43 CET 2012

Is is possible when running a PHP script under mod_php or CGI and an
Apache Web server to bind or connect to a TCP or IPC socket?  I can
bind and connect when using the PHP CLI, but the connection just hangs
when making a send or recv call from within a Web application.

It would be great if I could pass a JSON object to a queue so that I
could process it with a few workers, and then pass the results back to
the Web application.  But, I am I trying to the the impossible?

Thank you for your help.

David