[zeromq-dev] Socket.connect doesn't raise any error

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:44:01 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Pazzo Da Legare <pazzodalegare at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm playing with zmq binding for python, with PUSH/PULL socket.
> How can I get an error if connect fails?

ZeroMQ will just retry the connection for you, so you don't get a message
if the connection is still pending.

- limit the length of buffered messages?

Look for the HWM socket options - they let you set a limit. Note that the
limit is not really precise - things can be pushed into the TCP buffer, so
your effective limit is likely to be TCP buffer size + HWM number of
messages.

Ian