[zeromq-dev] Sometime fails zmq 3.1 with latest czmq on windows

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Tue Jun 26 01:02:22 CEST 2012

On 25 June 2012 15:29, Viet Hoang (Quant Edge) <viet.hoang at quant-edge.com>wrote:

> We have a broker (major domo) together with few worker instants running on
> the same server. When the broker fails, it just hangs on there, restarting
> only broker instant does not solve the problem, we have to restart all
> services (stop ALL services then start again, not restart each service
> individually). We figured out the service is stopped due to an assertion on
> context level, which prevents other services from accessing libzmq. What we
> are missing is a proper way to log the assertion out to have debug
> information. I think libzmq by default should log the assertion to file for
> easier tracing and debug, something like log4c is good.

It's Windows: attach a remote debugger through Visual Studio.

Alternatively use
procdump.exe<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx>on
the hung process and import the mini-dump into Visual Studio.

It's possible to replace assert() with something that raises a fatal log
message and a stack trace but then you have other more convenient means
available to utilize first.

--
Steve-o