[zeromq-dev] Sometime fails zmq 3.1 with latest czmq on windows

Viet Hoang (Quant Edge) viet.hoang at quant-edge.com
Mon Jun 25 21:29:01 CEST 2012

We have a broker (major domo) together with few worker instants running on the same server. When the broker fails, it just hangs on there, restarting only broker instant does not solve the problem, we have to restart all services (stop ALL services then start again, not restart each service individually). We figured out the service is stopped due to an assertion on context level, which prevents other services from accessing libzmq. What we are missing is a proper way to log the assertion out to have debug information. I think libzmq by default should log the assertion to file for easier tracing and debug, something like log4c is good.

Cheers,

Viet