[zeromq-dev] Building czmq without first installing zeromq

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 23:12:26 CEST 2012

To install everything in a virtualenv:

virtualenv zmqtown
source zmqtown/bin/activate

prefix=$VIRTUAL_ENV # or you could just as easily skip the virtualenv and
use prefix="$HOME/local"
# this export is only sometimes necessary:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$prefix/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

cd /path/to/zeromq
./configure --prefix=$prefix
make && make install

cd /path/to/czmq
./configure --with-libzmq=$prefix  --prefix=$prefix
make && make install

-MinRK