[zeromq-dev] Building czmq without first installing zeromq

Cedric Krumbein C.Krumbein at F5.com
Fri Jun 22 02:08:21 CEST 2012

I'm new to zeromq.  I'm currently trying build both zeromq-2.2.0 and czmq-1.1.0.  I'm not allowed to install either one.  I've successfully built zeromq, but I'm not able to build czmq.  When I run czmq's configure script, it says "cannot link with -lzmq, install libzmq".  I've tried various combinations of -with-libzmq and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, all without success.  Can someone advise me on how to build czmq without installing zeromq?

Thanks in advance,
Cedric