[zeromq-dev] Sometime fails zmq 3.1 with latest czmq on windows

Viet Hoang (Quant Edge) viet.hoang at quant-edge.com
Wed Jun 20 04:48:46 CEST 2012

We have a critical issue with ZMQ right now.

The connection type is ZMQ DEALER <=> ZMQ ROUTER

Our code structure is C#_BIZ <=> CZMQ <=> LIBZMQ. We wrote our own c# wrapper.

It works fine but out of nowhere causes assertion every day or two. We run as windows service so we could not log the assertion info out for debugging.

The system was fine with 200-250 connections, 400-500 messages per second (on router socket). Now concurrent connections are 500-600, total mps is 1000-1200 and it starts showing cracks.

The fail is at context level, as other workers running on the same server will stop working. We have to manually restart all services.

Cheers,

Viet