[zeromq-dev] libzmq make check error

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Fri Jun 8 03:05:58 CEST 2012

On 7 June 2012 12:01, HP010170 <hp010170 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I received the same test failure today when building from the libzmq
> git repository; it has to do
> with the fact that tests/test_connect_resolve.cpp:43 is correctly
> resolving the bogus address
> called 'foobar123xyz'; in my case its the cable provider's DNS
> resolution, which automatically
> redirects me to a default page when looking up a bogus hostname.

Same issue with network adapter resolution for PGM.  pgm_getaddrinfo resolves
names as hostnames before interfaces, therefore a broken DNS system will
return an incorrect address for eth0, hme0, etc, instead of failing and
falling through.

I can only think of making an equivalent to AI_NUMERICHOST that does not
forward onto a network service, although that raises questions about NSS
networks which could be LDAP or NIS hosted which only makes things more
confusing.

\:D/

--
Steve-o