[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ (and clrzmq) on Windows Mobile

Boris Gulay boris at boressoft.ru
Fri Jan 27 10:18:56 CET 2012

So, today is a big day because I make ZeroMQ run on Windows Mobile! Also
I made some changes to zlrzmq binding to make it compine on compact
framework and 0ZQ works great from my test .NET application. I have
tested message flow between mobile device and desktop computer: it works!

If someone (especially leaders of the project) are interested in
supporting WM, I can write a story about what problems I was faced with
and how I solved them.
I've used MSVC solution as a base for this port. I made some changed to
the source code that I put inside conditional compilation statements to
use them only for WM platform. If project leaders will accept patches to
the source code, we can make ZeroMQ compile for WM almost "out of the box".

Couple of words about clrzmq. It also needs to be patched to compile on
.NET CF. If leaders of clrzmq project are interested in supporting WM
(and are subscribed to this list) I can make patches for clrzmq too.