[zeromq-dev] EPGM on Linux 4.1.2

Martin Lucina martin at lucina.net
Thu Jan 26 01:29:10 CET 2012

Hi William,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:17:20 -0500
William Brown <william.brown at ericsson.com> wrote:

> 	Hi Martin,
>
> 	Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have several test cases developed for most of
> 	the ZeroMQ example patterns, including standard pub/sub, fan-in, fan-out, peer-to-peer
> 	and router/dealer (broker pattern). All work perfectly well when using TCP and/or IPC
> 	endpoints.

Ok, so it looks like a problem with PGM.

> 	Moving back to ZeroMQ 2.1.11 seems to have resolved my problem with EPGM. I'll stick
> 	with ZeroMQ 2.1.11 for the time being and will wait for 3.1 to come out of beta before
> 	trying again.

I have been using PGM with ZeroMQ 3.1 at a client quite
extensively and it mostly works. It'd be nice to figure out why its not
working for you; it may just be some small detail, OpenPGM can be
somewhat fiddly to get to work.

If you do get a chance do try and investigate with tcpdump to see what
is happening on the network.

As an aside, what Linux kernel and distribution version are you using
exactly? You wrote "Linux 4.1.2" and mention Redhat, but I presume
you're not actually using Redhat 4 which is ancient.

Cheers,

Martin Lucina <martin at lucina.net>