[zeromq-dev] multi-part messages

AJ Lewis aj.lewis at quantum.com
Mon Jan 23 17:17:23 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 06:12:37PM -0800, MinRK wrote:
> I understand better the 'unfortunate' issue - the conflation of 1) and
> 2), not the existence of 2) altogether.  Thanks for the clarification.
>  I quite liked where the LABEL work was going, making a clear
> distinction between the two.  I did play with it some (the pyzmq
> bindings supported a 'prefix' to send_multipart), and I think it was
> heading in the right direction.  I do hope we see a revisiting of that
> idea in a more formal way, though it will likely make a difficult
> transition for application authors who want to work against libzmq
> with/without that feature for a period of time.

I too hope the LABEL work will be revisited.  It seemed to me that it
was tied up with a whole bunch of other incompatible changes (to the 2.1
codebase) and got dropped when everything else did.  I didn't see many
(any?) complaints about that part on the list.

I'm hoping it gets looked at again as a viable feature.

Regards,
AJ