[zeromq-dev] segfault with 2.1.10 and perl bindings

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Fri Jan 20 16:10:29 CET 2012

Hi list,

I briefly talked with guido_g on IRC and he suggested that I bring this
issue up with the mailing-list.

I've already detailed the issues in the ZeroMQ-Perl github issue tracker.

Link here: https://github.com/lestrrat/ZeroMQ-Perl/issues/10

Below is a copy of the IRC conversation:

robinsmidsrod> does the 2.1 perl bindings require a threaded perl?
<robinsmidsrod> on a non-threaded perl I get segfault when running
durasub.pl from the zguide, but if I LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libpthread.so.0
./durasub.pl the segfault goes away
<robinsmidsrod> I've already documented my findings here:
https://github.com/lestrrat/ZeroMQ-Perl/issues/10
<guido_g> weird indeed
<guido_g> the bindings should take care of that
<guido_g> to reach an even broader audience, you might want to post that
on the mailing list too

Can anyone shed anymore light on this subject?

-- Robin