[zeromq-dev] ZMQ_PAIR sockets in 3.x ZMQ / IPC in winows implementation

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Wed Jan 18 23:58:03 CET 2012

On 18/01/12 22:07, Pieter Hintjens wrote:

>> ZMQ_PAIR sockets don't really fit in to the zeromq philosophy. Including them at all was probably a mistake.
>
> I strongly disagree, finding them perfect for a quite common use case :-)

Both of the above are true.

0mq is mainly about communication between multiple endpoints which makes
PAIR kind of out of scope.

However, using pair where raw TCP connection would be appropriate makes
the task much easier for the user.

The trade-off here is between ideological purity and ease-of-use.