[zeromq-dev] Resource temporarily unavailable

john skaller skaller at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 18 07:00:43 CET 2012

On 18/01/2012, at 4:30 PM, john skaller wrote:

> I am getting this error (I think, its actually code 35 on OSX) on hwserver/hwclient.
>
> Stackoverflow reckons this is EAGAIN and I should try again, but I think not,
> I think it's the socket persisting, and I need to set
>
> SO_REUSEADDR
>
> on the socket (only, 0MQ doesn't support that option).
> It could also be some other bug (the code worked before, doesn't now,
> even with the port addresses changed to avoid a locked up port).
>
> Any hints?

Hmm .. now I try with zmq_strerror and something different happens:

~/felix>./hwserver
hwserver, Felix version
156384763 Operation cannot be accomplished in current state

The previous error I reported was probably spurious, because I did

exit(errno)

and exit only allows small values I think (0 to 255). But the residual here is
251 .. not 35 .. hmm .. grrr :)

--
john skaller
skaller at users.sourceforge.net