[zeromq-dev] Proposal for libzmq maintenance

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Jan 10 16:14:59 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 6:17 AM, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe I am outvoted by those with philosophical objections to GitHub,
> but every time I see one of these workflow update emails I hope that zeromq
> is finally going to use GitHub for PRs and review instead of the
> mailing-list.

This is my objective too and I don't think you're out voted. The point
here isn't technical superiority either way but expectation of
"ordinary" contributors and participants. Github is defacto a standard
for our community, so we should use it fully unless there are
objections we can all agree on. (e.g. issue tracking was too weak.)

> From our experience after we moved IPython to GitHub,
> contributions have simply exploded

And exactly, this is the main risk of the core development: too few
participants. It's not an idle correlation.