[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ for a Real Time API

Marinho Brandao marinho at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 13:50:10 CET 2012

Hi guys,

well, I'm new using ZeroMQ, in fact I have followed the news since the
first release but never used it in real cases (only testing).

In the project I work, we have a few APIs, using OAuth2.0 and REST/JSON
standards, and now we are gonna create a new API for real time purposes.

After some research on Storm, XMPP, AMQP, WebSockets, SSE, etc. I'm feeling
pretty confident ZeroMQ is the best way to make it, but I haven't seen
anybody talking about it anywhere I searched for.

So, the question is: is there any trap I can't see? Why nobody is talking
about it?

I know it's still a bit complicated to supply an HTTP/browser compatible
API over ZeroMQ, but in this my case there's no need for HTTP/browser at
all.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance :)

--