[zeromq-dev] Multipart msgs and Perl

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Dec 28 11:25:49 CET 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Daisuke Maki <lestrrat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd rather have my docs relatively sparse and let the official zeromq
>> guide/docs show The Correct Way, than write a lot of docs and have
>> contradicting explanations ;)
>> That said, I think I didn't include a link to the official docs, which
>> I should have done. My bad there.
>
> I'm sorry, I should have been more clear: it was just that from the
> CPAN page, there's no way to see the API details:
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/ZeroMQ/lib/ZeroMQ/Raw.pm#zmq_send

Those are the discontinued bindings. The new and supported bindings are here:

https://metacpan.org/module/ZMQ::LibZMQ3
or alternatively
http://search.cpan.org/dist/ZMQ-LibZMQ3/lib/ZMQ/LibZMQ3.pm

The old ZeroMQ bindings have several problems, including a bug freeing
context's created by a parent process causing an assertion. I don't
believe it supports the 3.x branches either.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo
@pedromelo