[zeromq-dev] zloop_timer() does not fire if added after zloop_start()...

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:24:07 CET 2012

zloop code seems correct. In some old code of mine, that uses zmq_poll , I
was creating a socket to wake the poll, which doesnt make sense, since I
had also calculated the new timeout before the poll locks the thread.
If i remember correctly, I had similar problems. Maybe it was my mistake,
or maybe the zmq_poll has a problem.

2012/12/27 Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com>

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Andy Ballingall TF
> <ballingall at thefoundry.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Note how my timer registration succeeds, but the polling seems to
> > ignore it?
>
> Then it's because the tickless timer is being miscalculated; it should
> be re-calculated each time you add or remove a timer handler. If not,
> there's a bug.
>
> -Pieter

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis